The Weeknd’s 2023 Australian tour itinerary has grown from three dates to eight since being announced two weeks ago. A third show has been announced at Sydney’s Accor Stadium, while a third night at Melbourne’s Marvel Stadium was added last week. The Weeknd’s Abel Tesfaye will kick off with two nights at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium.
The Weeknd is coming to Australia for the first time in six years as part of his international ‘After Hours Til Dawn’ tour. The tour – which recently visited London’s Wembley Stadium – gets its name from The Weeknd’s two most recent albums, 2020’s After Hours and 2022’s Dawn FM.
The Weeknd – ‘I Feel It Coming’ ft. Daft Punk
In other Weeknd news, HBO has cancelled Tesfaye and Sam Levinson’s controversial series, The Idol, after just one season. “The Idol was one of HBO’s most provocative original programs, and we’re pleased by the strong audience response,” the company said in a statement.
Tesfaye starred in the series as Tedros, alongside Lily-Rose Depp as the popstar Jocelyn. He co-created the show with Levinson, who’s best known for Euphoria. According to Forbes, the five-episode series was “by far” the “worst reviewed show” in HBO history.
The Weeknd 2023 Australian Tour
- Monday, 20th November – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane QLD
- Tuesday, 21st November – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane QLD
- Friday, 24th November – Accor Stadium, Sydney NSW
- Saturday, 25th November – Accor Stadium, Sydney NSW
- Monday, 27th November – Accor Stadium, Sydney NSW – NEW SHOW
- Friday, 1st December – Marvel Stadium, Melbourne VIC
- Saturday, 2nd December – Marvel Stadium, Melbourne VIC
- Monday, 4th December – Marvel Stadium, Melbourne VIC
Tickets on sale via Live Nation