Go you good thing.
The Veronicas vs. ARIA and Northlane??
Stream, baby. Stream.
Great news for independent Aussie musos.
Bowie’s final album is his first-ever ARIA #1.
ARIA release the end of year album and singles charts with Mark Ronson and Adele the big winners of 2015
Aussie songstress Courtney Barnett looks set to dominate this year’s ARIA Awards with the musician and producer scoring a grand total of eight nominations today, as well as picking up a Fine Arts and Artisan award. Barnett secured her first win already at today’s ARIA event, taking away the award for Best Cover Art for
The Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) has announced its first batch of ARIA Award nominations for 2015, with acts like Tame Impala, Courtney Barnett and Hermitude picking up early nods. With this year’s Fine Arts and Artisan Award nominations now official, the Engineer of the Year Award category sees Tame Impala frontman Kevin Park up
Vinyl and subscription music service sales both more than doubled in 2014 in Australia, slightly alleviating the downward trend for overall music sales last year according to ARIA‘s wholesale figures for 2014. Vinyl sales in Australia grew to $6.4 million in 2014, up 101.78 percent, while income from subscription services stands at $23 million, representing
ARIA have unveiled their lists of the best selling singles and albums of 2014 in Australia with works by many home-grown artists such as Sheppard, INXS, Hilltop Hoods, Chet Faker and Sia named amongst the best selling music of the past year. Brisbane indie pop outfit Sheppard had the most popular song by an Australian
Organisers of the 28th Annual Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) Awards have announced this year’s nominees in the Fine Arts and Artisan Awards categories, including Chet Faker, Josh Pyke, Sia and more of the country’s most talented musicians and artisans. Josh Pyke is up for a joint award for Producer Of The Year for his
The 28th Annual Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) Awards will take place on Wednesday, 26th November 2014, returning to the Event Centre at The Star in Sydney after its first year in the venue last year. The 2013 ARIA Awards show was a sold out event, and this year’s music industry celebrations will surely be
The Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) have today unveiled a new award and accompanying trophy to recognise 22 homegrown acts and releases which have reached the coveted number one position on the ARIA album or singles chart. Shaped like our very own island nation, the ARIA #1 Chart Award will be presented to artists as
Yesterday, 28th March, the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) released its 2013 wholesale figures, showing digital music outselling physical music for the first time despite a 77% rise in vinyl sales. The figures reveal that digital music revenues accounted for 54.7% of the market in 2013, with physical sales taking the other 45.3% share. However,
New Zealand’s Lorde has run away with first place in the inaugural ARIA streaming chart. According to ARIA’s recently released 2013 End Of Year Charts, Lorde’s global sensation Royals spent a healthy five weeks at the top last year followed by Avicii’s Wake Me Up which amassed a mighty eleven weeks at the peak. Independent
For the 27th year, Australia’s best and brightest musical talent will gather in one location for the ARIA award ceremony, praising those who have excelled in their fields, shaming those who haven’t. The nominees for this year’s awards have now been announced, with public voting officially open. It’s been a big 12 months for Australian
Sydney’s loved-up community station FBi Radio has pulled back the sheet, revealing the 100 most played artists of 2012. Following in the footsteps of ARIA and triple j, who have released similar lists, FBi’s collection stands alone from the other two, strongly reflecting the tastes of their listenership as well as their unwavering dedication to
Parkway Drive have announced today that the numbers are in and their latest full length album Atlas is officially Gold Status. Released late last October, the album has now clocked more than 35,000 units sold in Australia and found a cozy spot up high on the ARIA charts. The band are developing a tendency for
It’s ARIA week and music is currently the key focus of many Australians who are soon to find out who of our native talent has exceeded in their field. Many of our leading musicians have used the current focus of the nation to draw attention to a dire situation. For those previously unaware, Australian Music